The Austin Museum of Art has received a $50,000 gift from the daughters of Mary McIntyre Mallott, a volunteer director, art teacher, docent, exhibitor, and trustee of Laguna Gloria Art Museum in the 1960s and 1970s. Mallott, an artist who lived in Austin from 1957-1982, died of Alzheimer’s disease in 2008. The new painting studio at Laguna Gloria has been dedicated in her name.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015