Among the historic scenes re-created at the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston’s Bayou Bend Mansion this holiday season is the first meal eaten in 1928 by the Hogg family in their new River Oaks mansion. Although I doubt it features a wax replica of Ima Hogg to match the king in the old "African Gold" installation at the MFAH’s main campus, the furniture is still nice. Family day is this Sunday, December 21 from 1 – 5 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015