When they take time out to write about Houston Art, the New York Times likes to find something bizarre and campy. On Wednesday, they featured a piece about the admittedly fascinating home of Dr. Anthony Walter. Dr. Walter, a retired orthopedic surgeon, turned to art after a seroius illness and transformed the central hall of his home into a masively baroque tract on the (PG rated) joys of christian marriage. OK, I’m hooked.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015