Starting in 2010, Austin’s Women & Their Work gallery will hold five solo exhibitions a year, and they have selected Leah DeVun, Kathryn Kelley , Karen Mahaffy, Kia Neill and Virginia Yount for what they’re calling their New Work Bold Artists (NWBA) Series, complete with it’s own parody of the WNBA’s blue and red shield logo. Each artist will recieve a stipend and a solo exhibition at W&TW, and is profiled on their website.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015