Yesterday’s All Things Considered on NPR had a bizarre feature on the new public karaoke machines between terminals D and E of Houston’s Bush intercontinental Airport. Although touted as a way of relaxing nervous or impatient travellers, is the apparently all-Christmas-themed songs a clever way of circumventing rules that disallow specifically Christian holiday music in publc? (Of course, "Santa, Baby" counts!).
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015