The design fot the $7 million Tolerance Bridge over Houston’s Buffalo Bayou near Montrose Blvd. was unveiled at the city council Meeting last Thursday. Sassy Houston real estate site Swamplot has comments. Helen Lessick, director of civic art and design for the Houston Arts Alliance explains the idea behind the humpbacked wonder: "When you look at the twisted arc from a distance, you’ll look at the pedestrian bridge and the sidewalk seems impossible to cross, but when you get on pathway, you realize you can cross it. You’ll see it’s not so impenetrable."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015