Even as the flamboyant Zahi Hawass is charming Dallas with the Tut razzle-dazzle, the Egyptian antiquities czar is baring his teeth at the St. Louis Art Museum, which has somehow acquired the burial mask of Ka Nefer Nefer; last time the Egyptians looked (1959), it was tucked safely in a warehouse south of Giza. Enter interpol, the Department of Homeland Security, innocence, outrage, threats and proclamations, etc . . . it’s better than a circus!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015