Jesus Moroles‘ tireless quest to cover the earth with bland granite monuments has brought him the National Medal of Arts from President Bush last Monday in a ceremony at the White House. Tyler Green of Modern Art Notes is befuddled, and Dan Goddard of the San Antonio Express-News defends the home team. In any case, More than 2000 of Moroles’ works are sitting in plazas and parks around the world right now, and they’re not going anywhere.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015