Jesus Moroles‘ tireless quest to cover the earth with bland granite monuments has brought him the National Medal of Arts from President Bush last Monday in a ceremony at the White House. Tyler Green of Modern Art Notes is befuddled, and Dan Goddard of the San Antonio Express-News defends the home team. In any case, More than 2000 of Moroles’ works are sitting in plazas and parks around the world right now, and they’re not going anywhere.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015