Friday, LA philanthropist and art collector Eli Broad offered a $30 million bailout to the financially stressed LA MOCA, an offer that came a couple days after there was talk of the institution, which Broad helped found in 1979, being absorbed by the Los Angeles County Museum of Art, creating a flurry of comment on Modern Art Notes and elsewhere.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015