A three-dimensional surrealist mural featuring an empty chair with ten 10 plaster arms reaching towards it will be installed in the foyer of the University of Houston’s Graduate College of Social Work tomorrow, November 20. The mural, Exquisite Corpse, was made by a team of eight students — Nancy Castillo, Minelya DeLeon, Kristal Edwards, Jessica Flores, Juan Martinez, Virgina Montes, Montserrat Olmos and Aida Silva, led by artist mentors Audry Herber and Patrick Renner as part of YAAP, the Young Artists apprentice Program, an afterschool art-making program sponsored by UH’s Blaffer Gallery.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015