Plans for the expansion of the beloved Kimbell Art Museum in Ft. Worth by architect Renzo Piano have been published, discussed and, surprisingly, mostly approved! Sure, the lawn’s got to go, but everyone knew that. The wily Italian, realizing the impossibility of altering the 1972 Kahn building without endless hooraw, has planned a fifteen-lane superhighway of trees and grass that will separate the new from the old.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015