Tuesday night’s panel at the MFAH, Insiders’ Perspectives on Contemporary Art: Discerning between Trends and Timelessness, will have a piquant edge amid the collapse of the art market and the vicious attacks on mis-spent arts money on Houston’s Channel 13. Jonathon Glus, embattled head of the Houston Arts Alliance moderates as Diane Barber, Co-Director or DiverseWorks; art dealers Barbara Davis and Devin Borden, artist Laura Lark, collectors Lester Marks and Cynthia Toles, curators Franklin Sirmans and Toby Kamps and Fabene Welch, president of the Houston Arts Alliance share their personal strategies for sorting through the frenzies and hype of the contemporary art landscape. Tuesday November 18, 7-9 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015