This just in: Suzanne Weaver is leaving the DMA after nearly 13 years as the Hanley Associate Curator of Contemporary Art. Weaver departs in mid-December, leaving yet another endowed curatorial position open at the DMA (Dorothy Kazinsky, formerly the Lemmon Curator of European Art, left for the Phillips Collection in May, and the Hoffman Senior Curator of Contemporary Art, currently filled on an interim basis by Maria de Corral, needs a permanent person as well). Weaver heads to Kentucky, where she will be the curator of contemporary art at the Speed Museum in Louisville. Godspeed, Suzanne!
In other news, after 10 years at its helm, Aurora Picture Show founder Andrea Grover is stepping down from all curatorial duties there. They’ve hired artist, curator and UH affiliate faculty member Mary Magsamen as curator, and Delicia Harvey will continue as Executive Director.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017