UT Austin’s Creative Research Laboratory has teamed up with the Blanton museum to sponsor a series of events this winter titled "Mapping Exchange." Described in the wordy press release as "a new collaborative effort to forge interdisciplinary learning and cultural exchange between the UT community and emerging international artists," the effort hopes to foster "interdisciplinary learning through the development of cross-departmental programming that enhances student learning, artistic experience and exchange with international artists." Up first: a panel on the young artistic scene of Brazil with by artist-in-residence Vijai Patchineelam on Nov. 13, from 2-4 pm Sinclair Site, UNB 3.128. Later, on December 4, there’s another talk, and Patchineelam’s art pod will be on view in the CRL parking lot, 2832 East Martin Luther King, Jr. in Austin.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015