Mel Chin is at it again- saving the children through art. His new Paydirt project aims to collect $300 million in "fundred dollar bills" drawn by schoolchildren, then exchange them for the real gelt, enough to decontaminate the lead-laced soil in New Orleans’ most polluted neighborhoods. The press conference announcing the project was held inside Chin’s installation Safehouse at KK Projects, an exhibition space made from six formerly abandoned buildings in New Orleans’ St. Roch neighborhood.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015