Andrei Rublev is Fredericka Hunter’s favorite film. Next Tuesday at 6:00 pm there will be a screening of the 1969 film epic by Andrei Tarkovsky at the MFAH. Tarkovsky portrays fifteenth-century icon painter Andrei Rublev (Anatoli Solonitsyn) as a mute visionary, who, after years of seeing his country divided by the Tartars, finally rediscovers the will to speak. Black and white, 3 hours long, cruel and beautiful.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015