There’s a new idea in art funding in Houston: The Idea Fund. Cooked up between The Warhol Foundation Initiative, Aurora Picture Show, DiverseWorks Artspace and Project Row Houses, the new program provides cash awards to artist-generated or artist-centered projects in Houston, up to $3500 for projects exemplifying the conventionally unconventional artistic projects of a collective, collaborative and new media or interdisciplinary nature that involves the public via process, production, or presentation. If this isn’t clear enough, there’s an information session at Spacetaker, Houston, on November 9 for prospective square pegs.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015