It seems auction houses (and, perhaps, galleries?) can no longer get away with charging big bucks for so-so work: the NYT reports that yesterday’s "Modern Age" auction at Christie’s was a disaster, with many works failing to sell and others not fetching prices they would have a year ago.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017