One of the nice things about Houston is that it never had its own spinoff of the ubiquitous and irritating "Keep Austin Weird" motto (irritating because Austin ceased to be weird in the 70s — in fact, if you want to drive Austinites crazy, tell them their city has become a little hippy Dallas. It’s like telling Parisians that their city is the Disneyland of Europe. Fun stuff.) The honeymoon couldn’t last, however, and now, joining the charmingly self-deprecating Keep San Antonio Lame and Keep Dallas Pretentious, we have Keep Houston Rich, courtesy of Adam Gibson & Vernon Caldera. They’re launching their thing at Peel Gallery on November 21!
also by Rainey Knudson
- New Year: Less Internet, More People - January 10th, 2017
- Dorothy Hood: The Color of Being / El Color de Ser - January 1st, 2017
- This and That: Duchamp and Serrano - December 19th, 2016
- This and That: Lynda Benglis & Rosie the Riveter - December 5th, 2016
- Pauline Oliveros, 1932 - 2016 - November 26th, 2016