Eyewitnesses reported a sudden inexplicable tidal pulsation along the coast of Maine tuesday afternoon. Water levels rose and fell from 4 to 12 feet six or seven times in Boothbay Harbor, Southport and Bristol. In a public information statement, the National Weather Service says the cause "remains a mystery and may never be known." A similar event occurred on Jan. 9, 1926, in Bass Harbor.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015