Tune in to an interdisciplinary symposium titled: The Counterculture in the 1950s and 1960s: From the Beats to Bucky Fuller tears pages from The Whole Earth Catalog and holds them up to the light. Dean Fleming, co-founder of the Park Place Gallery reminisces about his student days in San Francisco, UT Art History prof Robert Abzug discusses cosmological eclecticism, and all that’s before lunch! November 1, 2008, 9:45AM – 5:30PM. Auditorium, Edgar A. Smith Building, Blanton Museum of Art, Free to UT faculty and students and Blanton members, $20 for everyone else.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015