Houston oilman, venture capitalist, and art collector Robert H. Chaney died Wednesday. The Chaney family’s art collection vigorously courted by the MFAH, was the subject of two recent exhibitions: Red Hot: Asian Art Today From the Chaney Family Collection and End Game: British Contemporary Art From the Chaney Family Collection. Funeral services are scheduled for 3 p.m. Oct. 27 under the direction of Geo. H. Lewis & Sons, 1010 Bering Drive in Houston.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015