The Artist Foundation of San Antonio has announced the winners of it’s third set of cash prizes for area artists. Among awards for other genres, visaul arts awards included The Bernard Lifshutz Award for Visual Arts, which went to Charlie Morris, the Rick Liberto Award for Visual Arts which went to Katie Pell, the Media Arts Awards for Guillermina Zabala and Karen Mahaffy and Visual Arts Awards for Hills Snyder and Jessica Halonen. The Robert L.B. Tobin Grand Prize for Artistic Excellence will be announced Thursday evening, October 23 as Felix Padrón, Director of the Office of Cultural Affairs assists in introducing this year’s award winners at 5:00 P.M. at the San Antonio Museum of Art. Founded by Patricia Pratchett and Bettie Ward to address a void in the San Antonio arts community —the lack of monetary awards to individual artists, the prizes are made possible through the private fundraising efforts of the Artist Foundation. This is the foundation’s third round of cash prizes to assist individual artists.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015