That looks more like a Getty image designed for innocuous business reports flattened immensely, the high contrast and the words over the image bring that plane terribly close. Meanwhile, it is possible to hallucinate that the plane is coming at you right now, where you stand. Oh no! They’ll attack my front yard! It’s very scary. Kudos for Chicken Little impact, douchbags. Whoever thought this up is somewhere between marketing and graphic design in the RNC, but they’re not a professional by any means. AKA designer from really bad art institute + communications major with a taste for the audience’s blood.
also by Sean Carroll
- Top Ten Old Things Its Good To Have Around 2008 - December 31st, 2008
- Top Ten New Things of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Losses of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Sculptures, Intallations and Giveaways in 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Paintings, Drawings and Performances in 2008 - December 26th, 2008