In Ménerbes, France, there is a beautiful 18th century town house. Dora Maar, Picasso’s mistress from 1936-45 once lived there, and before her, General Baron Robert, one of Napoleon’s helpers. In 1997 a friend of the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston purchased the Dora Maar house in southern France and renovated it into a retreat for scholars, artists, or writers. Now the MFAH’s Brown Foundation Fellows Program at the Dora Maar house is looking for mid-career artists writers and scholars to fill it!
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015