Historical Design, a Manhattan art gallery, is suing former customer and former Enron executive Jeff Shankman, claiming that Shankman tried to extort money from the gallery under threat of denouncing them a peddlers of forged works. According to the gallery, Shankman claimed that "Les Visiteurs” signed by J. Lambert-Rucki, which he bought in 1997 was a fake and demanded a $150,000 cash settlement or else he would "go public."
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015