Historical Design, a Manhattan art gallery, is suing former customer and former Enron executive Jeff Shankman, claiming that Shankman tried to extort money from the gallery under threat of denouncing them a peddlers of forged works. According to the gallery, Shankman claimed that "Les Visiteurs” signed by J. Lambert-Rucki, which he bought in 1997 was a fake and demanded a $150,000 cash settlement or else he would "go public."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015