Free Press Houston’s Westheimer Block Party returns this fall with more stages, bands, artists, and portable toilets than ever before. Saturday, October 11, from 12 noon-2am the 300-500 block of Westheimer will "come alive with the sounds, sights, and stinks of the local art and music scene." 50 artists and probably 50 bands on stage at Number’s, Avant Garden, La Strada, Mango’s Cantina, and the soon to be opened Austin Layne Hotel. OR there’s a pumpkin carving workshop for kids at the Orange Show from 2-5 pm. You decide.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015