Roll up your sleeves: it’s time to wash and wax the public sculpture of Austin! This Saturday, October 11 at 10 am a professional conservator will explain the proper maintenance of public art (with a video!) at the Austin Museum of Art’s community room, then lead wanna-be art janitors into the field for down-and-dirty practical experience. RSVP to Katherine Macy, (512) 974-9308 or firstname.lastname@example.org. After a day washing Austin’s sculptures, spend Saturday evening playing Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Mario Kart and More at Arthouse’s Teen Night video game competition (with prizes) 6 pm. Both events are FREE, but, sorry, you’ve gotta be a teen for teen night.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015