As some may say, look around you . You’ll find some funny shit in daily life. Too bad I’m not in New Spork to witness MBAs tearing their hair out and laugh at their helplessness (they do act like dicks, you know). If I were in Manhattan, wearing a coat and two sweaters on a beautiful fall day ’cause I’m acclimated as hell to Texas, I would go see the Village Pet Store and Charcoal Grill. I would take pictures and jump in front of the store while taking pictures. Hopefully, I may be less convinced that not going to art school makes it harder to make good work and be recognized for it. I won’t even tell you who did it, but he’s been in our neck of the woods recently, and he should come back since Ike left us with many intriguing ‘surfaces’ and ‘motifs’.
also by Sean Carroll
- Top Ten Old Things Its Good To Have Around 2008 - December 31st, 2008
- Top Ten New Things of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Losses of 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Sculptures, Intallations and Giveaways in 2008 - December 30th, 2008
- Top Ten Paintings, Drawings and Performances in 2008 - December 26th, 2008