In the summer of 1994, at a Houston hardcore punk club, Paul Guilford looked like he was playing bass, but only sometimes sounded like it. Dave Dove crudely clunked a microphone up the bell of his trombone, hammering away at some type of free-jazz filtered through a DIY punk aesthetic. As The Dave Dove/Paul Duo, the two recorded one CD, the rugged "A" in 1995. Friday, September 26, they will reunite at Domy Books, Austin to begin their reunion tour. 8pm, $5–10 suggested donation.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015