Art 21 may need to be re-titled as Art over 21, according to critics of sexually and racially controversial art in the acclaimed PBS documentary, now proposed as part of the art curriculum in Dallas area schools. Topping the list of problematic segments are those about Kara Walker and Sally Mann. Defended as thought-provoking by art teachers, concerned parents are not necessarily happy with the thoughts that might be provoked.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015