Brian Wedgworth ‘s monumental public sculpture "Ascension" was erected in a parking lot in McAllen’s Arts District earlier this month. Privately commissioned by real estate investor David Weisfeld, the 21 foot steel sculpture was erected in the parking lot of the building he owns at Main Street and Maple Avenue in McAllen’s arts district to remedy the dearth of provocative, public art in the Rio Grande Valley. Brian Wedgworth’s other work will be on display at the ManicHaus gallery in November.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015