Brian Wedgworth ‘s monumental public sculpture "Ascension" was erected in a parking lot in McAllen’s Arts District earlier this month. Privately commissioned by real estate investor David Weisfeld, the 21 foot steel sculpture was erected in the parking lot of the building he owns at Main Street and Maple Avenue in McAllen’s arts district to remedy the dearth of provocative, public art in the Rio Grande Valley. Brian Wedgworth’s other work will be on display at the ManicHaus gallery in November.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015