The Grace Museum in Abilene has chosen a new director: Francine Carraro, Ph.D., former Director of the Abbe Museum in Bar Harbor, Maine. A Texas native, Carraro was born and raised in Borge, received her BA in Fine Arts from Hendrix College, her MFA in Art History from Southern Methodist University, and her Ph. D. from UT Austin. A tenured professor at Texas State University in the nineties, she went into museums at Laguna Gloria Art Museum in Austin, then became director of the National Museum of Wildlife Art in Jackson, Wyoming, where she brought wildlife art to national attention and achieved accreditation from the American Association of Museums.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015