Burned, banned, ignored, reviled: modern art has been all these things, but nothing’s so cruel as carelessness. Wellesley College’s Davis Museum and Cultural Center has misplaced a 1921 Fernand Leger painting, Woman and Child, after loaning it to the Oklahoma City Museum of Art. They are guessing that it was perhaps accidentally discarded with the crate it was returned in. The College’s insurers are offering a $100,000 reward.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015