Gene Hathorn, a convict on death row in Huntsville since 1985 has agreed to give his body, should he be executed, to the Danish-based artist Marco Evaristti, who plans to process it into art. Evaristti, whose ongoing work is aimed at exploring the practice of legalized killing, proposes to allow visitors to feed a huge tank of goldfish using fish food made from Hathorn’s freeze-dried body.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015