The National Association of Latino Arts and Culture (NALAC), headquartered in San Antonio, has been awarded $475,000 from the Ford Foundation to support the NALAC Fund for the Arts. which has awarded more than $379,000 in three years to 128 Latino artists and organizations. This year’s Texas visual art grants went to Deborah Vasquez, Luis Valderas, Veronica Jaeger, Rolando Briseno, and the Serie Project, Austin. NALAC’s new TCR (Transnational Cultural Remittance) initiative will support work that explores transnational issues in the United States, Mexico and Central America.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015