Jerome Weeks of KERA (Dallas public Radio) has a fascinating, minutely techie story describing how the zillions of pieces of red glass are being installed at the new Margot and Bill Winspear Opera House at the Dallas Performing Arts Center. In the video accompanying the piece, Dale Whitener, project manager for glass experts Haley-Greer, Inc. says, " basically, the building right now is just concrete and steel; we’re actually the ones the ones who are going to make it beautiful." So there.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015