There’s a new flap about Jackson Pollock. A member of the Board of Regents of the University of Iowa suggested that the University take steps to estimate the market value of Jackson Pollock’s Mural, a centerpiece of their collection, with the idea that the $100 million it might bring if sold would be useful in repairing recent flood damage. A firestorm of criticism erupted all over the news. The Wall St Journal, Time, the Des Moines Register, Modern Art Notes and many others have put in their two cents, all condemning the very idea.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015