Kudos to the Houston Chronicle‘s Douglas Britt, who this morning calls out the MFAH for an indefensible show of paintings by the Egyptian Minister of Culture. From the article, a quote from MFAH director Peter Marzio: "'[The Minister] is a legitimate modernist on his own… If he were a bad painter, and [this show and a future Tut exhibit] were connected, I wouldn’t have done it.’" Riiiiight.
also by Rainey Knudson
- The Internet Publisher’s Lament - November 6th, 2017
- Art Dirt 11: David McGee - October 29th, 2017
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017