Kudos to the Houston Chronicle‘s Douglas Britt, who this morning calls out the MFAH for an indefensible show of paintings by the Egyptian Minister of Culture. From the article, a quote from MFAH director Peter Marzio: "'[The Minister] is a legitimate modernist on his own… If he were a bad painter, and [this show and a future Tut exhibit] were connected, I wouldn’t have done it.’" Riiiiight.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017