After getting a hard time from just about everybody (Glasstire included) for being vast, overfunded and underthought, Dallas gallery Light & Sie has responded with vigor to its critics with its current show, curated by Georges Armaos of NYC Gagosian (and before that, director of Christopher Grimes in LA for 5 months in 2006). The idea behind this group show seems a bit milquetoast from afar, but the scuttlebutt is that it’s a strong group of works nonetheless. We’ll have a review in a couple of weeks, but in the meantime, go see it.
also by Rainey Knudson
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017
- As Moths to the Light: Pipilotti Rist at the MFAH - June 18th, 2017
- This and That: Andy Warhol / Tiger Woods - June 5th, 2017