Whole Foods has started carrying artist Frank X. Tolbert 2‘s chili in its meat freezer section. It’s currently available in all the TX stores, and will be moving into New Orleans, Arkansas and Oklahoma soon. Now, the Dallas Morning-News reported that the chili, for which Tolbert’s father Frank X. (not squared) was famous, has actually been his son’s recipe all along. The truth, according to X squared, is that Frank senior, co-founder of the Terlingua World Championship Chili Cookoff and author of A Bowl of Red, came up with the original recipe, and his son adjusted it for massive volume. Whatever the provenance, it’s good stuff and a pure Texas chili — no stinking beans in our chili down here.
also by Rainey Knudson
- Jeffrey Dell at Art Palace - October 15th, 2017
- The Devil’s Own Day in Houston: Letter from the Publisher - August 29th, 2017
- You Should Go To Mexico City - August 6th, 2017
- Please Stop Painting The Electrical Boxes (A Public Art Proposal) - July 30th, 2017
- This and That: Chris Burden, David Blaine + Youtube - July 1st, 2017