Blogger Jonathan Jones tackles the growing prominence of artists’ statements in the interpretive mix in a post in the Guardian (UK)’s Art and Architecture blog. Apparently it’s a hot topic: the piece streams a comet-trail of comments on both sides of the issue. It’s ironic that the article uses Jackson Pollock, one of the most written-about artists of all time, as the poster boy for "unexplainable" art.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015