In a myserious nocturnal tumble, a glazed terra-cotta lunette by the Renaissance sculptor Andrea Della Robbia apparently slipped off it’s steel shelf, flipped in the air and crashed to the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s floor, shattering into zilllions of tiny pieces, described by the museum’s staff as "eminently restorable."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015