The Jeff Koons Balloon Flower (Magenta) that used to grace Dallas’ Rachofsky collection was shipped to Germany for polishing, then displayed in London’s St. James Park before its sale, sold for $25,752,051 on Monday in London, slighty more than even Christie’s expected, a full-page ad in today’s New York Times boasts.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015