The Jeff Koons Balloon Flower (Magenta) that used to grace Dallas’ Rachofsky collection was shipped to Germany for polishing, then displayed in London’s St. James Park before its sale, sold for $25,752,051 on Monday in London, slighty more than even Christie’s expected, a full-page ad in today’s New York Times boasts.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015