Performance artist Jimmy Kuehnle, recent MFA graduate at UTSA arrives hot off the plane from Japan, to hit The Laredo Arts Center this Thursday, July 3, in a big, red inflatable nylon suit. The suit is powered by a self contained blower, freeing Kuehnle to squeeze though narrow streets and dodge oncoming cars and pedestrians without the need to be plugged in. It’s the latest in his series of street actions, titled Full of Cold Air, and coincides with his show at the center, which runs from July 3 to August 29, with an opening on July 11 from 6-8 pm.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015