A new lawsuit between mystic NY artist Alex Grey and Juan Pablo Fernandez, online poster reseller, probes the murk of fair use of images of artworks. Fernandez is buying Grey’s art at, from Grey, at retail price, then flipping it via the internet. Grey’s got no problem wih that, but is suing Fernandez to prevent him from posting pictures of the prints he’s trying to sell online.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015