The Axum obelisk, looted by Mussolini from Ethiopia in 1937 during Italy’s johnny-come-lately adventure in African colonialism will be re-erected on a plateau in northern Ethiopia this month, after spending much of the twentieth century in Rome, just down the road from the Colosseum.
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015