Bruce Campbell muses on airport art at Big Red and Shiny, revisiting, among others, Dallas/Ft. Worth’s ambitious collection: "patently inoffensive art abounds in these social spaces and many times the results can be diluted or so oblique that they are uninspiring. Yet, as a mild sedative to the haggard traveler, I think that much of art that fills the architecture of what have become “travel fortresses” is a much-needed visual respite."
also by Bill Davenport
- Lego My Art! - January 30th, 2016
- Archive: Painting on My Planet/The Top Ten Painters in Houston - January 1st, 2016
- Archive: Tire Iron 0: Cropduster: Hills Snyder/Chris Sauter - December 28th, 2015
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015