Maybe this is old news, but David Adickes’ monumental concrete sculpture of the Beatles will be installed on land Adickes has purchased near I-10 and Shepherd drive in Houston. The 36-foot tall fab four have been standing near his Summer St. studio for months, rumors of a weather-resistant rhinestone covering are circulating on local message boards. Futhermore, the 79-year-old icon has been profiled in the online Wall St. Journal, which reports plans for a 280-foot cowboy, the tallest sculpture in North America!
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015