Art Binational 2008 — Binacional de Arte, The first cross-border cooperative exhibition between the El Paso Museum of Art and the Museo de Arte in Juárez opens on june 12 in El paso, ans June 13 at the Museo de Arte in Juárez. Jurors Ruth Fine, curator of Special Projects in Modern Art at the National Gallery of Art in Washington, D.C., and Luis-Martin Lozano, an art historian in Mexico City chose 47 artists from 300 submissions. Each artist will be reperesnted with two pieces: one work on each side of the border. The next Binational is planned for 2010, making it a biennial, too.
also by Bill Davenport
- DMA Crane Flip Video - April 26th, 2015
- Helmreich New Dean of Fine Arts at TCU - April 25th, 2015
- Two Cents for Houston's New Cultural Plan - April 25th, 2015
- New Art Lands in the Woodlands - April 24th, 2015
- Bob Wade Revamps First Public Sculpture - in Waco! - April 19th, 2015